Looking for a fun, engaging pasta craft? This pretty stained glass pasta project has so many different possibilities to let your children explore their creativity, create something unique and beautiful, and strengthen coordination with those little hands. In this pasta art you will use dyed pasta to creat a beautiful stained glass craft. This stained glass art for kids is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders.
Stained Glass Pasta
Although we don’t have a lot of stained glass where I live now, I grew up in Europe surrounded by beautiful old buildings, churches, and so much history to explore. This fun stained glass pasta allows kids to create their own stained glass craft to display at home. Use this pasta craft along with a medieval history lesson, talk about famous artists and different types of art, or just to create something pretty with leftover colored pasta you have laing around. No matter why these pasta crafts for kids are sure to perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartnare, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
You only need a few smiple materials to make your pasta art project.
- Colored Lasagna Pasta (you can see how to dye pasta here)
- construction paper (any color you like, it will be the border)
- sticky contact paper
Break apart your colored pasta noodles into various sizes. This is fun for little hands and helps create the really cool look of the project.
Open up your contact paper pouch and start adding different pieces of dyed lasagna noodle to the sticky paper. You want them to fit close together so break them more if you have to to fill in the different spaces. Mix up the colors and make a fun random color.
Stained glass art for kids
When you have the size and look you are looking for in this beautiful modern art project for kids – close the contact paper pouch and carefully slide your finger along the edges to seal the pouch. We don’t want your pretty stained glass to get out. We did some projects without a border like the one above. I just love the bold colors we got and how gorgeous it looks when the sun shines through them!
Now cut a hole in your chosen color of colored cardstock and tape the contact pouch onto the border.
Pasta Craft Ideas
Older students will have fun creating truly unique and stunning words of art by combining colors in patterns to form pictures. You can see we made a pretty butterfly above out of shades of green with a brown body and orange background. How beautiful is that?
Pasta Crafts for Kids
Now hang them on the window to let the light shine through your stained glass craft to add even more dimmention to your project! The possibilities for this project ar truly endless! This summer craft for kids is a MUST to add to your summer bucket list ideas! Or make it with a butterfly theme, spring theme, or art projects for kids!
Butterfly Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun butterfly activities, butterfly crafts, and butterfly printables to add to your day or butterfly theme? Try these:
- Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet Pack for kids
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Gorgeous Shaving Cream Butterfly Craft
- Cute Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and Observation Book
- Butterfly Math – addition mats for pre-k and kindergarteners
- Free Rhyming Activities – Butterfly Puzzles
- 29 Pretty Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Math – Missing Addend Activity for Kindergarten
- Addition Butterfly Math Puzzles
- FREE Printable Number Sense Butterfly Activities for Preschoolers
- B is for Butterfly activities for toddler and preschoolers
- Butterfly Subtraction for Kindergarten
- Pop-up Butterfly Craft
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Mosaic Pasta Crafts for Kids
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Scented, Watermelon Playdough Recipe for summer
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Famous artists for kids
Ready to learn about more famous artists with children? Check out these projects:
- Monet for kids project exploring impressionist artwork making a lovely water lily with tissue paper
- Or whip up this paint for a unique Claude Monet for Kids activity
- Seurat Melted Crayon Art Project – Pointillism for Kids
- Another fun way to explore Pointillism art for kids is with this simple q-tip and paint project
- Discover the paper cut technique with this Matisse for Kids project
- Make your own Van Gogh for Kids stary night project with playdough with this fun project
- 25 Fun Art Projects Based on Famous Artists
- Picasso for Kids art that explores his unique modern art style creating a one-of-a-kind portrait
- Or try this felt project to learn about Pablo Picasso for kids
- Jackson pollock for kids explores the fun, zany modern drip art technique in an outrageously fun art project for kids
- Easy Pointillism Project creating 4 Seasons Handart Project
- Learn about Medieval Art with this Giotto for Kids project
- This stunning project allows kids to explore famous artist Matisse for Kids
- Try your hand at Impressionism for Kids with this lovely bleeding tissue paper idea
- Explore the colorful boxes in this Paul Klee for Kids art project
- Make a lovely fall art project as you explore Kadinsky for Kids
- Explore Aztec Art for kids with this fun clay project
- Plus don’t miss our FREE Printable artist report to help kids remember what they’ve learned and keep a keepsake of all the fun projects you’ve made together!
- See all of our famous artists for kids art projects!